Please Support My Race Against Melanoma...In Loving Memory of Brad Pinney

On April 19th, 2010, I will be running the Boston Marathon, in honor of a very special man and his family. In September 2008, Brad Pinney passed away at age 58, after a couragous six-month battle with Melanoma. Brad was an amazing man, a stong father and loyal neighbor, who spent countless hours giving back to his community. Together, we can give back in his honor and fight the battle against Melanoma.

My goal is to raise a minimum of $5,000 for the Melanoma Foundation of New England. With your support, we can help other families detect, prevent and cope with Melanoma.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Couples who Run Together..Paint Together!


This Saturday, Shaun and I finally decided to take the plunge...Yup that's right, we FINALLY painted the apartment! After painting a sea of bright green, we had a good hour to kill while the paint dried. Lucky for me, Shaun's been running a few times a week, so we decided to take a gorgeous 4 mile run on the Charles. It took me a while to get my head in the game, since it was the first time running outside since the ankle has rehabed. But it felt great...and running with Shaun was exactly what I needed to push through the nagging "I want to be done with this run" thoughts that crept into my brain on mile two. Not to mention, Shaun kicked my butt, so that was extra motivating! Marathon for Shaun?? Not sure if he'd be into it, but I think he's up for a 6 miler next weekend!!

Also, GREAT news..we are up to $3500 in donations for the Melanoma Foundation! A special thank you to the Hubspot team, who made several donations today!! Even more motivation to keep pushing.

What motivates you??

No comments: