Please Support My Race Against Melanoma...In Loving Memory of Brad Pinney

On April 19th, 2010, I will be running the Boston Marathon, in honor of a very special man and his family. In September 2008, Brad Pinney passed away at age 58, after a couragous six-month battle with Melanoma. Brad was an amazing man, a stong father and loyal neighbor, who spent countless hours giving back to his community. Together, we can give back in his honor and fight the battle against Melanoma.

My goal is to raise a minimum of $5,000 for the Melanoma Foundation of New England. With your support, we can help other families detect, prevent and cope with Melanoma.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas Training (for Boston)


Here’s what happens when you give me way too much time on a plane and a marathon blog to write. Merry Christmas!!

On the 1st day of Christmas Training, my true love gave to me:
A donation to my marathon fund (Tax Free!)
On the 2nd day of Christmas Training, my true love gave to me:
2 running gloves and
A donation to my marathon fund Tax Free!
On the 3rd day of Christmas Training, my true love gave to me:
3 weeks of taper,
2 running gloves,
And a donation to my marathon fund Tax Free!
(ok, you know how the song goes..here’s the shortened version)
On the 12th day of Christmas Training, my true love gave to me:
12 Kenyans winning!
11 Legs a leaping!
10 spandex ripping!
9 fans a dancing!
8 ankles icing!
7 racers swimming (on off days)!
6 laces fraying!
5 Golden Gu Packs!!
4 heartbreak miles!
3 weeks of taper!
2 running gloves!
An a donation to my marathon fund TAX FREE!

How could you NOT donate after that holiday insanity?!

1 comment:

security camera said...

to quote a sherpa (featuring dongus bologna) song, "I hate kenya."

i sure hope you're listening to that song over and over again for inspiration